For your trekking convenience, we suggest that you read along the following cultural tips. Knowing the local habits must be one of your best friend in traveling.
- Smile and great people, especially elders.
- Shake hands, gently.
- Be sure to sit at the same level as other people.
- Be polite to each other.
- Use only the right hand to eat and hand objects or money to someone.
- Accept hospitality and food, you don’t have to eat and drink.
- Dress modestly. Women should keep upper arm and things covered.
- Bend down and walk around seated people when you need to pass.
- Say good bye when you leave.
- Enter houses, buildings or village without being invited.
- Wear shoes inside a house.
- Point at people with your finger. Don’t ever use your foot to people.
- Point the bottom of your feet directly at people while sitting on the floor.
- Touch anyone’s head.
- Step over people or food on the floor.
- Eat with your left hand, or use your left hand to give or accept object or money.
- Raise your voice, especially in anger.